Sunday, June 17, 2012

Retina Display MacPro

When it comes to personal computers, Macbooks are definitely the king of personal computers. Not because it's pricey but because of it's design. I believe Jonathan Ive made a lasting impression on all Apple devices with hisdesigns. Of course the Macbooks are designed by Ive himself and it simplicity and elegance makes it worth the money. I myself own a macbook white unibody late 2010 model and it has lasted me for 3 years now, talk about durability man!

Recently, June 11 Apple came through with WWDC( World wide developers conference) @ somewhere in San Fran. I woke up about 8AM
ET to catch the replay of WWDC on the Apple website. Many website such as 9to5mac and macrumours speculated hat Apple will release a macbook pro which has Retina Display. If you guys dont know what retina display? It's Apple trademark of a super vibrant and crisp screen; competitor to the Super Amoled HD. What 9to5mac and macrumours speculate were true, Apple did release the Macbook Pro 15inch Retina Display. I'm planning to get a new Mac that is why i was so damn excited about the new Mac lineup!




Here's the comparison.
Macbook Pro Retina Display(from 2199USD). . Besides all the bump in specs and the awesome features. Here's what bothers me as a consumer. The 15inch Macbook Pro Retina display is too costly. I believe Apple will soon bring out the 13inch Macbook Pro with Retina Display and it will be about 1799USD onwards? That is just too costly!! The display is soooo gorgeous that you can only look at it and not purchase it. Who in the world would spend 6-8k on a Macbook Pro Retina Display, even designers wouldn't do that. I'm an Apple fan but Apple really need to downsize on the cost, because creating an awesomely sharp display and bump in specs have been seen in HP, Dell, etc laptops. As for me, the unveiling of the Retina Display Macbook Pro during WWDC was quite a letdown for the Macbook Pro. What say you humans? Is it a need? or need not? Let me hear your thoughts.

No comments: